Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let's get ready to Rummmmba!!

4/15/10 Happy birthday Scott!
xoxo


I had a great night. I had my first ever Rumba class. It was a beginner's class, but it was so much fun. Well actually I may have learned the Rumba a long time ago in a dance class at Auburn during my college days, but as I said, that was a long time ago.
The rumba is a slow, sensuous, romantic dance with much flirtation. Many of the basic figures of the dance have a "tease and run" theme in which the lady first flirts with and then rejects her partner. The sexual overtures can be very aggressive. The Rumba spotlights the lady and in particular her rhythmic body action and sexuality. The slow Latin beat, the rhythmic body and hip action, and the steamy tease and run figures result in routines that can be close to X-rated. Unlike the Cha-Cha which effects a happy, carefree, party-time-like dance expression, the rumba effects a more serious and intense expression.
Knowing the history of the Rumba and the sensuality of the dance, perfecting it is definitely our goal.
We came back from the lesson and practiced and before we knew it, we had been practicing for over an hour. If anyone has watched the Rumba, you can't help but notice what a sensual dance it is. Doesn't that by itself make people want to learn it?
Just think how much fun we will have practicing!
The next dance we want to learn will be the Waltz.
Does anyone have any good tips about the Rumba or the Waltz?

**Thank you baby for the "quick quick slow" and all the fun that went with it. I can't wait to practice with you again.

Keep on dancing!

~xo

Lee Ann

6 comments:

Rastaman said...

Sounds like a lot of fun.

I never miss Dancing With The Stars ... now I'll be thinking about you when they do the Rumba, if they haven't already done it!

Peace and hugs to you, Babygirl!

~ Rasta

Lee Ann said...

My sweet Rasta,
I love watching dancing with the stars too! You are the sweetest, thank you!
Peace and hugs from Babygirl

Osbasso said...

As a musician, I've given up on the dancing part, and rather enjoy making the music for it. There's nothing more sexy than a dance couple who knows what they're doing...

Thanks for the bday wishes and the song! :-) <3

JM said...

That sounds fun....I'm glad you are having fun learning it. It's all about enjoying what you are doing.

Lee Ann said...

Hey Angel! Yeah, you are right...having fun with whatever you are doing. Hopefully we will master it as well (eventually) ;)
~xo
Lee Ann

rob said...

I used to do waltzing as a kid. Relatively easy. keep going<!