|Your Hidden Talent|
Friday, March 31, 2006
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
which chinese symbol are you?
brought to you by
Since we are talking Chinese, here are some amusing Chinese proverbs:
Virginity like bubble, one prick, all gone.
Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.
Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.
Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.
Man with one chopstick go hungry.
Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.
Baseball is wrong: man with four balls cannot walk.
Panties not best thing on earth but next to best thing on earth.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.
Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cat house.
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.
It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it.
Man who drive like hell, bound to get there.
Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Man who live in glass house should change clothes in basement.
Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.
Man who fart in church sit in own pew.
Crowded elevator smell different to midget.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Andre Agassi and Roger Federer are playing on a tennis court at a hotel in Dubai over by Saudi Arabia.
These pictures are amazing, especially the last one.
My guess is that they don't chase the balls.
The tennis court is on top of the hotel.
Gosh, that just makes me queasy looking at it.
I had experience similar to that once. I remember standing in the bar at the top of one of the World Trade Towers in NYC. The windows went from floor to ceiling. When I stood up next to the window and looked down, I felt as though I was standing on the edge with nothing in front of me. It sure made my stomach do somersaults.
Monday, March 27, 2006
Accent - A slight Southern accent (although, the people here think I sound more northern)
Booze of choice - Rum, wine or champagne (oh I love a good frozen margarita)
Chore I hate - Vaccuming
Dog or cat - Both, I grew up with a dog, but now I have two cats (Cody and Darbi)
Essential electronics - Stereo, television, dvd player, computer
Favorite perfume(s)/cologne(s) – White Linen (girls) and Mambo (men)
Gold or Silver? – Gold...I like both yellow and white gold
Hometown - Birmingham
Insomnia? – Occasionally
Job Title – Underwriter
Kids? - Adore them.
Living Arrangement - Me and my two kitties.
Most admired trait - Loyal/honest
Number of Sexual Partners - I am completely monogamous.
Overnight Hospital Stays - A few times.... :(
Phobia - Snakes and rats. Oh yeah, flying....it petrifies me.
Quote - "Live well, laugh often, love much....dance like nobody is watching!"
Religion - Episcopal
Siblings - Older brother, younger sister
Time I wake up - 6:15 am
Unusual talent/skill - I make people feel comfortable.
Vegetable I refuse to eat - Beets
Worst habit - Saying Noooooo (like I am completely spoiled).
X-rays - Right foot/ankle/knee ~ grade 3 tear of all ligaments and tendons.
Chest ~ pneumonia. Neck ~ maybe pinched nerve, still do not know what is wrong.
Yummy foods I make - Roast beef, spaghetti and meatballs, homemade chili, devil's food pound cake and banana bread.
Zodiac sign - Virgo
I want to know something about each of you. Please let me know some of your traits!
Ok, now for the tag:
Just a Trucker
What doesn't kill you...
You guys will need to tag five!
Friday, March 24, 2006
Number five: subway handle straps
Number four: elevator buttons
Number three: public bathroom knobs
Number two: internet café computer mouse
And the NUMBER ONE dirtiest place is...........
...grocery store shopping cart handles
On a different note:
At the gym....
Gold's gym has a movie theatre inside the gym. I know, that is really cool, huh?
There are rows of treadmills, elipticals, stairmasters and bikes facing the big screen.
They play a movie continuously everyday, and each day it is a different movie.
This week I have seen Big Momma, Day After Tomorrow, Independence Day and The Brothers Grimm.
The other day a couple of rows in front of me I saw a girl take off her sweatshirt.
Then she took off her sleeveless t-shirt.
Now she was working on the eliptical wearing sweat pants and a white bra!!!!
Come on, we all wear our shirts in there even when we get hot, why would she do this?
I don't know, I just thought this was a bit much....I know it is no more revealing (or not even as revealing) as a bikini top, but this is UNDERWEAR!
Well, when she got off of the eliptical to leave, I noticed from the front it was a sports bra.
From the front it looked like something you might see a girl wear while working out, but from the back, it looked like a regular white bra that hooked in the back. It even had regular bralike adjustable straps.
So really, what is the big deal, why is it more acceptable for her to be wearing a sports bra while working out and not a regular underwear bra?
I personally wouldn't feel comfortable NOT wearing a t-shirt over my sports bra while working out.
I think I would feel too naked.
Now those of you that have seen my Half-Nekkid pictures are probably thinking yeah, right.
You should know that in real life (in person) I am very modest.
It is different for me when I am in my sports bra showing a little cleavage in my photo (you cannot see my face, or any other part of me at that time). It is a slight angle of me taken at one moment in time.
Anyway, believe it or not, I am very modest and I would not wear just a sports bra to work out.
Her's still looked too much like an underwear bra.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
I started to guess who was driving certain vehicles. I wasn’t guessing by the make or style of the vehicle, but by the style of driving.
I found that my guesses were completely accurate.
A vehicle came from the side road that had a red light. This is a four-way intersection with traffic lights. I was driving on the main highway; therefore, the light was green longer for the direction I was traveling than the light for the side road. Just as I was about to pass through the intersection, the vehicle came zooming up and stopped rigidly just on the “outer” portion of the stopping area of that road.
I thought to myself, a man (because of the aggressive style of driving).
YES, I was right.
Then, I came along behind someone that was trying to change lanes. The blinker was on, and the vehicle slowed down, then sped up a little, swerved, then swerved back, slowed down and when the lane was clear for miles, they changed lanes right in the middle of an intersection.
Guess what I picked as the driver of this car?
YES, a woman and I was right.
Two cars sped past me, (by the way, I was driving speed limit) weaving in and out of lanes….
..my guess….teenage boys.
YES, right again!
Ok, here was my last guess on my way to work.
I turned off the main highway onto a side road just a block before the turn into the drive for my office building. I came up on a car (SUV) that was just stopped. It did not look like there were any signs of distress, no emergency blinkers and was not pulled off to the side, but dead center in the right lane. As I merged into the left lane to go around the vehicle, the vehicle began slowly moving. I thought….what the heck? There was nothing wrong with that car, they were looking at something and decided to stop.
This had to be a woman…..uh, yeah….it was.
On my way to work, all of my guesses of driving styles were correct.
I was not trying to stereotype…I was just guessing.
When I lived in Houston, Texas, I used to be a very aggressive driver.
I found out that I had to be aggressive or I might be killed. The timid drivers were the ones that were in the accidents.
Don’t get me wrong, the drivers here in Birmingham are crazy, but since I have lived here, I now tend to drive more defensively than aggressively.
Some days, I just feel invisible on the road!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Friday, March 17, 2006
Put your birth date in the pop up window after you click on the link below.
What happens is pretty interesting. It is also amazing how quickly it computes!!
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Have fun, be safe!
Have an amazing weekend everybody!
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
The material of these skirts are made to create this vision.
It is the latest craze of clothing in Japan.
I just wonder how long it will take for this fad to make it around the world!
If I were going to wear something like this, I would pick the one that was the most flattering to my backside....also, no crinkled panties for me!
Ok guys, you know it is all about the OCD!
Ok, it is Wednesday....I am already ready for the weekend. What about you?
Have a great day!
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
George Carlin's Views on Aging...
Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids?
If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.
"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!"
You're never thirty-six and a half.
You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key.
You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back.
You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.
"How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16!
And then the greatest day of your life . . you become 21!
Even the words sound like a ceremony... YOU BECOME = 21.
But then you turn 30.
Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk!
He TURNED; we had to throw him out.
There's no fun now, you're just a sour-dumpling.
What's wrong? What's changed?
You BECOME 21,
you TURN 30,
then you're PUSHING 40.
Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away.
Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.
You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!
So you BECOME 21,
and MAKE it to 60.
You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70!
After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!
You get into your 80s and every day is a complete cycle;
you HIT lunch;
you TURN 4:30;
you REACH bedtime.
And it doesn't end there.
Into the 90s, you start going backwards;
"I Was JUST 92."
Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again.
"I'm 100 and a half!"
May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers.
This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay "them".
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever.
Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
We all need to live life to its fullest.
Monday, March 13, 2006
Friday, March 10, 2006
MELANIE (age 5) asked her Granny how old she was. Granny replied she was so old she didn't remember any more. Melanie said, "If you don't remember you must look in the back of your panties. Mine say five to six."
STEVEN (age 3) hugged and kissed his Mom goodnight. "I love you so much, that when you die I'm going to bury you outside my bedroom window."
BRITTANY (age 4) had an earache and wanted a painkiller. She tried in vain to take the lid off the bottle. Seeing her frustration, her Mom explained it was a childproof cap and she'd have to open it for her. Eyes wide with wonder, the little girl asked: "How does it know it's me?
SUSAN (age 4) was drinking juice when she got the hiccups. "Please don't give me this juice again," she said, "It makes my teeth cough."
DJ (age 4) stepped onto the bathroom scale and asked: "How much do I cost?"
MARC (age 4) was engrossed in a young couple that were hugging and kissing in a restaurant. Without taking his eyes off them, he asked his dad: "Why is he whispering in her mouth?"
CLINTON (age 5) was in his bedroom looking worried. When his Mom asked what was troubling him, he replied, "I don't know what'll happen with this bed when I get married. How will my wife fit in?"
JAMES (age 4) was listening to a Bible story. His dad read: "The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his wife looked back and was turned to salt." Concerned, James asked: "What happened to the flea?"
TAMMY (age4) was with her mother when they met an elderly, a rather wrinkled woman that her Mom knew. Tammy looked at her for awhile and then asked, "Why doesn't your skin fit your face?"
The Sermon I think this Mom will never forget.... this particular Sunday sermon..."Dear Lord," the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. "Without you, we are but dust." He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter (who was listening!) leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice, "Mom, what is butt dust?"
Have a great weekend!
~Hugs to all
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
1.Have you ever been searched by the cops? No.
2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters? The last time I rode one, I did not close my eyes, but I don’t think I could ride one anymore.
3. When was the last time you went sleigh riding? I have never been sleigh riding. (I have been on a horse pulled carriage through Central Park).
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone? *giggle* With someone else.
5. Do you believe in ghosts? I am not completely convinced there are not ghosts.
6. Do you consider yourself creative? Yes.
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife? Yes.
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie? Jennifer.
9. Can you honestly say you know anything about politics? I try to stay up on current events.
10. Do you know how to play poker? No, so don't ask me to play strip poker, I would lose!
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight? Yes.
12. Do you kill bugs that are in the house? If I have to, I usually will get someone else to.
13. Have you ever cheated on a test? No.
14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around, do you go through red lights? Sure.
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you? Yes.
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees? I am from the South…I am a Braves fan...but, if I have to choose between Boston or NY, I would go with NY since I have seen them play.
17. Have you ever ice skated? Yes.
18. How often do you remember your dreams? All the time…and some of them are VIVID. (Oh, I do dream in color).
19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you were crying? I think it was just a couple of weeks ago. I have a tendency of doing that if something is really funny.
20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles? Hey Jude, (Magic Bus ~ The Who...thanks Bob), All You Need is Love, Can’t buy Me Love, Eleanor Rigby, Yellow Submarine.
21. Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes, I know, I am a hopeless romantic.
22. Do you know who BaBa Booey is? No.
23. Do you always wear your seat belt? No, but I am working on it.
24. What talent do you wish you had? Playing the guitar.
25. Do you like Sushi? Very little.
26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident? Yes, 3 car accidents, each one I was hit by drunk drivers.
27. What do you wear to bed? Depends…sometimes, silk nightgown or flannel pj pants and shirt. Sometimes a cotton wife beater t-shirt and matching girl boxer briefs.….AND sometimes my birthday suit! ;)
28. Have you ever been caught stealing? NO.
29. Does size matter? Yes. Well?
30. Do you truly hate anyone? I don’t think so, but there are some people that I do despise.
31. Rock and Roll or Rap? Rock and Roll.
32. Do you have a relative in prison? No.
33. Have you ever sung in front of the mirror like your favorite singer? Yes, I sing all the time.
34. Do you know how to play chess? Not really.
35. What food do you find disgusting? Anchovies.
36. Did you ever play, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours?" hmmm….did or do????
37. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back? Yes…, but it would only be boyfriend that I tell. (Sometimes you just have to let it out to someone!)
38. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew? Yes.
39. Have you ever been punched in the face? No.
40. When is the last time you threw up from drinking too much? It was probably a year or two ago.
41. Have you ever walked out on a movie at the theater? Yes. My mom took my sister and me out of a movie when we were very little. I was very young, but I remember being very embarrassed that we were walking out.
42. Do you ever sit through a bad movie, just to see how bad it got? I have sat through a bad movie, in hopes it would get better.
43. Would you consider yourself obsessed with anything/anyone? Yes.
44. Have you ever met someone famous? Yes. Riff West and Dave Hlubek from Molly Hatchet, The Beach Boys and Numerous Professional baseball players ~mostly the ones that had spring training in West Palm Beach, FL.
45. Have you ever been stood up? No.
46. When's the last time you screamed at the top of your lungs? Very recently when someone snuck up on me. I screamed so loud, my throat hurt for days.
47. Did you ever do something that you didn't want to, but did anyway just to fit in? I am sure I did in the past when I was younger, but not now.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
........I need you to keep me motivated.
I have joined Gold's gym and started yesterday with a personal trainer.
HE KICKED MY BUTT!!!!
Oh my gosh, I hurt all over.
I worked so hard, I felt like I was going to be sick right on the treadmill.
After the workout was over, I stumbled to my car in a daze. I was thinking, oh yuck, this is hard and I don't feel good.
I know, I know, it is only the first day!
The trainer said he could "change my life in 90 days". Ok, that got my attention...that would be awesome.
Anyway, please, please give me the love and encouragement I need.
I know I have to do it for myself, but it sure helps to get the nudge from the ones I care about.
I will be on my own at the gym today, but back with the trainer at 5pm tomorrow and again on Friday!
So, please! I need you.
~hugs to all
Monday, March 06, 2006
Here's how the British hold back the waters from flooding London:
And the Dutch solution to protecting an entire nation that mostly rests below sea level:
The Italians are defending their city on the sea, Venice:
Giant platforms on hinges raise up to break the waves when they get too high.
....something to ponder!