Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Buggtastic Brain Busters

Okay, these questions will make you think a little, but they are not too terribly hard. Post your answers, but don't cheat by looking at the other blogger's answers. If you don't want to play, just say hello or leave a comment! Carl, you are exempt, but you have to post a comment, any comment(but be nice), ok?

1. If Brazil is east of New York, cross out all the W’s and X’s. If not, cross out all the A’s. If Henry VIII lived in the same century as Columbus, cross out all the Y’s. If not, cross out the M’s and N’s. If Golden Gate Bridge is the longest suspension bridge in the world, cross out all the S’s and E’s. If not, cross out all the I’s and Z’s. What word do you have left?

M X Y E Z W N X Y Z S I I X Y A Z W X I



2. (You may have seen this in a slightly different form, but this version has an unusual twist to it.) It was a bring-your-own-food party, but not everybody could contribute food. The agreement was that those who couldn’t bring edibles would chip in some cash. Sally brought a certain number of pies, Jane brought one more than Sally, and Hector brought one more than Jane. William brought nothing, but asked them to divide the nice little pies equally, and he would pay. The four split the pies evenly. There was a total of a dozen pies, each worth $1.00. How much should each of them get or pay?


3. If Susan is 10, Arabella is 20, and Jim and Neal are both 5, but Richard is 10, how much is Jennifer by the same system?



4. The Puzzleland toy store may go out of business soon because of the owner’s idea of pricing. He charges $6 for a doll, $7.50 for a train, $4.50 for a top, and $12 for a paint set. By the same rules, what does he charge for a bicycle?

Give it your best shot. I will post the answers later. Have fun, cya later!

10 comments:

mojoala said...

1.
Mensa
2.
Sally brought 3
Jane brought 4
Hector brought 5
They each ate 3.
William paid $3.00
Sally ate 3 pies
Jane got paid $1.00
Hector got paid $2.00
3.
15
4.
13.50

Lee Ann said...

Hey Mojo ~ I thought you would be the first! ;)

Ticharu said...

Jennifer is 38 and hotter than most 20 somethings! That much I know!

Anonymous said...

Can't I just get my Rice-a-Roni and a "Thanks for playing?"

~Jef

Lee Ann said...

Hey Tich ~ Jennifer who (dare I ask?)

Lee Ann said...

Jef ~ hahaha, Hey! Thanks for playing...want some rice a roni?

Carl Spackler said...

damn you and these brain teasers!!!

Lee Ann said...

Carl, relax! :D I said in my first paragraph of the post that YOU are exempt! hahaha.....thanks for commenting! cya later....oh, I am still waiting for you to sing to me naked! I can hardly wait!

onan the bavarian said...

You have helped me realise I suffer from retention deficit disorder. I give up.

But I have answered the question you left at my place.

jiggs said...

blast these buggtastic brain blasting bggers! My brain is melting! MELTING!